FeedBurner and Playing With Bubble Wrap

New toy! I just signed up with FeedBurner and while I have to admit that I do not yet fully understand all it does I wanted to comment on simple but fun bit of marketing from the FeedBurner folks.

After signing up at FeedBurner I began furiously clicking thorough all the set up options and stumbled on the "analyze" section. Since I had set up my account literally seconds ago I obviously had no stats. Instead of a generic "No Stats Available" or a display with no useful data I was greeted with a clever message reading "Your feed is so new, we're still playing with the bubble wrap". Maybe it's just me but I find that to be a clever turn of phrase - because who doesn't like playing with bubble wrap. Someone took the initiative to take a mundane user message and make it fun. Nice work FeedBurner.

I owe my buddy Phil "Making It Great" Gerbyshak a "thank you" because he introduced me to FeedBurner a while back via a Blog Traffic Tips post on his site. I finally got around to acting on his advice.

P.S. Visitors to ShowOffCards.com are now treated (or force fed, depending on what you think of my blog) to a rotating and constantly updated list of my five latest blog posts.

Regards,
Chief Show Officer
www.ShowOffCards.com
Home of the World's Most

Tags ,

1 comment:

Phil Gerbyshak said...

Bubble Wrap? Did you say Bubble Wrap? You must check out InBubbleWrap for the finest in free business books every day!

Glad Feedburner is working for you. It's fun to play with new toys! :)