Are You Menger Sponge Worthy?

Since I know that everyone has scoured every entry on the Show Off Cards blog as well as ShowOffCards.com I am sure that you are very familiar with my article entitled "How To Waste 5 Minutes and 6 Business Cards". In this award winning article (Hey... it could happen!) I show you how to take 6 of your old boring business cards and make them into a really cool cube. Stop laughing. Somebody out there probably thinks they're cool.

Anyway, Dr Jeannine Mosely created some...great big...thing... out of these business card cubes. To quote Dr. Mosely "The resulting object is comprised of 66,048 cards folded into 8000 interlinked sub-cubes, with the entire surface paneled to reveal the Level 2 and Level 3 fractal iterations." This is known as the Menger Sponge.

I can only assume that that means something to the mathematician community. As for me I just think it would be really fun to perform a "Fosbury flop" right in the middle of it.

Regards,
Chief Show Officer
www.ShowOffCards.com
Home of the World's Most

Tags

No comments: