Christmas is a Gift Card Exchange

The following is directed to the grown-ups in the crowd. (I'm 100% in favor of kids and Christmas presents!)

The headline is a bit harsh but it's not that far from the truth. Let's be honest here. For a lot of us, and I'm including myself, we are blessed with everything we need and more.

When Christmas rolls around we take our list and ask "What do you want?" and then we trudge out and spend money that we probably shouldn't. When we're asked "What do you want?" - we struggle to come up with a suggestion.

It's crazy.

My friend Michelle Shelton had a video on her FaceBook page and it said what I've been thinking for quite some time. This post may seem like I'm bashing Christmas but I'm not. Have a look and let me know what you think?

4 comments:

Alan said...

Amen, brother!

dijoknows said...

I feel the same way . This year will be a simple Christmas. Gifts are less in number but well thought out. I love the gift giving idea for those I love, but gratuitous gifts and gifts "cause I thought I should" ended in 2007.

Lane said...

Precious

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott....
I loved this and thank you for sharing it with others!
Good stuff...
Michelle Shelton