Coffee Nazi's

Over the Christmas holidays I visited one of the best franchises in existence - Starbucks. While they execute just about every facet of their business extremely well, I have one gripe that I would like to share. Their ordering process. Here is my experience.

I approached the counter and placed my order using the verbage directly from the Starbucks menu. The counterman converted my order into Starbuck-ese, glanced at me as if to say "You coffee moron" and called it back to one of two folks manning NASA-like coffee controls. I was then rung up by yet another person (I guess they don't cross train at Starbucks) and was then expected to quietly shuffle off to the left and wait for my steaming cup of caffeine to arrive. I felt like Jerry Seinfeld ordering a cup of crab bisque in the "Soup Nazi" episode.

A few minutes later, yet another person slid a steaming cup of joe to the front of the pick-up area and mumbled something like "doublcaflatextracreamnomocha".

Total silence from the bleary eyed patrons. We eyed each other suspiciously, waiting for someone to go for their gun..er I mean coffee like some sort of wild west shoot out. After a couple of false starts, the lady who ordered before me, sheepishly looked at the coffee, glanced around like a wildebeest at the gator pond, snagged it off the counter and ran out the door before anyone could yell "NO COFFEE FOR YOU!"

Hey Starbucks. Could you start writing our first names on the cup?
P.S. And can we also go back to small, medium and large?

Regards,
Chief Show Officer
www.ShowOffCards.com
Home of the World's Most Unique Business Cards

Tags ,

No comments: