Hey Realtors, Whatcha gonna do?

Every day, as I see the troubles in the real estate market, I thank my lucky stars I am not directly involved in that industry. Sure, when home prices were growing like kudzoo up a telephone pole everyone was happy.

Homeowners just sat back and watched their equity grow. Realtors pulled in the commissions hand over fist. Life was good for realtors. Yep. Life WAS good for realtors. Now, not so much.

When listings and buyers basically fell in your lap, you thought "Why do I need to alter my marketing plan".

Now that every sale seems to take monumental effort you're thinking "I can't afford to alter my marketing plan".

Well guess what, a unique marketing plan can help you sell more in good times and maybe more importantly in bad times as well. I've preached this for quite some time. Have you listened? Nooooo.

Well if you won't take it from me, how about if Seth Godin said it?

He has a fantastic post directed right at the realtors in the crowd. It will be painful to some and eye opening to all. You must read the whole thing but here's a bit of a tease:

"...become the expert in what you do. Which means micro-specialization. Who is the single-best agent for condos in your zip code? Or for single family homes for large families? Who is the one and the only best person to turn to if you’re looking for investment property in this part of town?

"Some of you will stick with the standard business card with the standard photo, the standard office and the standard ad strategy and the standard approach to making the phone ring. It's going to be a long haul if that's your route."
The whole story

And when you're ready to "Become the expert" at whatever, call ShowOffCards and we'll develop an image that SCREAMS "I AM THE EXPERT"!

Regards,
Chief Show Officer
www.ShowOffCards.com
Home of the World's Most

Tags , , ,

No comments: